the N4rum Forum Index the N4rum
the definitive source for the Washburn N4 and other stuff

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
NEWS:
Formula 1 2012

Post new topic   Reply to topic    the N4rum Forum Index -> Regular Discussion  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
skeesik
too much free time

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:52 pm    Post subject: Formula 1 2012 Reply with quote

(I haven't seen the Australian GP yet...please don't spoil it for me! Cool )

So, I've become enamored with BBC's coverage of Formula 1 and have been able to download the 2010 & 2011 seasons after each race weekend (I do not get BBC here in the states and don't intend to pay for Speed - their coverage is lacking anyway). Unfortunately, a guy that used to upload the pre-race coverage (on the pirate bay) as well as the full race has seemingly disappeared. I can only find the race as broadcast by Sky...

Can any of you chaps in the UK point me to a reliable source to download Formula 1 pre-race and full race coverage?(BBC please).

Many thanks!
guitardave
wow I really need a hobby

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a UK Sky customer, I can assure you that the coverage is excellent. Only the "Skypad" is rubbish, but thankfully it only features fleetingly.

Sorry, I don't know where to download the races from...
SatchBoogie
contributing member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In Australia we used to get the BBC commentary feed, but none of the other BBC coverage with Jake and Eddie. Now we get Sky commentary, with Brundle who's jumped ship to go with Sky. The BBC are only covering 10 races live this year, with highlights of the rest of the races, usually the ones which are in different time zones like Melbourne. The BBC coverage is the best, the Australian presenters they have aren't a patch on them. That's one thing I do miss about the UK, about the only thing mind you.

You could get yourself a proxy service and watch the BBC coverage through their iPlayer, or you may be able to stream it from an iphone using the BBC application to an Apple TV box. If I could hold out and not watch the race live I'd wait for the BBC coverage, might end up doing that once the races move to Europe.
skeesik
too much free time

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, guys. I've downloaded the Sky coverage and will be watching it tonight, hopefully. I'll continue looking for BBC coverage on the coming races.

For now, I'll enjoy the Australian GP as covered by Sky!
mr_leemur

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i wil not pay sky for it!!!

Bernie claims it's what's 'best for the sport', i think he's just lining his pockets!!
guitardave

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luckily I already had Sky HD so didn't have to pay any extra for the F1 channel Very Happy
skeesik
too much free time

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So frustrating that you have to pay extra $ for a premium channel to enjoy the best of motor sports.
guitardave

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is, but then again pretty much all top level sport is on pay channels now. I'm surprised Formula 1 lasted so long on free-to-air!

Is it not on any channel free in the US?
skeesik
too much free time

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last time I looked into it, it was only on Speed which is a premium channel on both cable and satellite. I should probably check to see if we can get BBC1/2/3(?...I have no idea what it is). If I could, I may consider paying for that coverage. For now, I do not want to pay for any TV service...and I don't. Can't justify paying for something I don't use. Too busy to watch much TV.
skeesik
too much free time

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, so I'm still trying to figure out Sky vs BBC coverage for this season. Are they sharing the coverage, i.e., does Sky get the first 5 races, then BBC gets the next five and so on? The first two races were covered by Sky....were these not covered (or broadcast) by BBC as well? I ask this because I can still only find Sky coverage for Australia and Malaysia. (btw, Dave, Sky is pretty good. After two races, I'm enjoying their coverage. It helps that Martin Brundle & Ted Kravitz are part of the team!)

Thanks, guys.
SatchBoogie
contributing member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

skeesik wrote:
Ok, so I'm still trying to figure out Sky vs BBC coverage for this season. Are they sharing the coverage, i.e., does Sky get the first 5 races, then BBC gets the next five and so on? The first two races were covered by Sky....were these not covered (or broadcast) by BBC as well? I ask this because I can still only find Sky coverage for Australia and Malaysia. (btw, Dave, Sky is pretty good. After two races, I'm enjoying their coverage. It helps that Martin Brundle & Ted Kravitz are part of the team!)

Thanks, guys.

This link should show the coverage of the BBC for the 2012 season. They are covering 10 races live on TV, with extended highlights of the other races. All of the races are on Radio 5 live.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/17238688

BBC's live TV Grands Prix
15 April: China
13 May: Spain
27 May: Monaco
24 June: Europe
8 July: Britain
2 September: Belgium
23 September: Singapore
14 October: Korea
4 November: Abu Dhabi
25 November: Brazil
skeesik
too much free time

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic, satch! I was so hoping that I hadn't missed the bbc coverage. Confirms my suspicion Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    the N4rum Forum Index -> Regular Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: